Friday, April 23, 2010

Vegas Baby!!

Well it is not that exciting, although I am heading in the Vegas direction I don't think I will actually make it to the strip. The race is in Henderson which is just south of Vegas but at least I will be able to see the lights.

This will be my first ever Xterra race and I am really looking forward to it. There is no pressure on me and no one thinks I will be a factor in the race. I guess I don't even know if I will be a factor. I have never really done a real mountain bike race so I have no idea how fast I am. I hope I am pretty quick because I do love mountain biking and would love to be able to do more of it during the summer. If I get blown away though I think the bike will have to be put back into the garage until the season is over.
I am all packed up and ready to go and just about to head to bed because I do have an early start tomorrow. Also I am planning on pre riding the course tomorrow with my helmet cam so I can review it tomorrow night and really get to learn the curves. It is amazing how much of a difference that can make. In some of my training I would do multiple laps and would always get faster in the later laps and I am sure this is because you learn your way around.

Stumbled upon this picture the other day and made me miss it. I have a great new one thanks to Gears Bike Shop but I had some great races on this bike, now I just have to create the same memories on my new one!!! I will leave you with the only mountain bike picture I have

0 comments: